This Webinar is organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) and UN-Habitat as one of the CFS 49 Side Events.
The Webinar has 3 main objectives:
- Raise awareness and common understanding on the importance of leveraging urban and territorial food systems, nutrition and governance innovations, local public service provision and rights-based spatial planning processes.
- Add to the body of knowledge and experience on how to progress multilevel, urban and territorial food governance
- Raise awareness on the importance of strengthening alliances and coalitions for urban and territorial food systems to build political momentum and buy-in /engagement around such alliances
• Holly Freishtat, City of Baltimore
• Solophina Nekesa, ICLEI Africa
• Natalia Basso, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, Argentina
• Manuel Lapao, CPLP
• Jane Battersby, Africa Center for Cities - University of Cape Town
• Jamie Morrison - FAO/UN FSS Secretariat
• Aziza Akhmouch - OECD